Pages

Thursday 18 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1

For One more weeks I will be posting all about New Zealand.Today is the First day of week 3 for the summer learning Journey and the title for today is In The Beginning ( 1800-1870).  Here are all the links for today's Activity's 1950's

Activity One: Meat and Three Vege
I don't like the rule because it's not a big meal and it won't fill everyone's stomach's. I would enjoy it but I don't know about having it as my dinner every night.


Activity Two:What's In A Name
all the names from the 1950's are not popular at my school. Here are the names that are popular at my school.

Girls           Boys
Holly           Tyson 
Aliyah         Jayden 
Lily             Rocky                               




Bonus Activity:Snail Mail

This is a postcard from my Christmas holidays



                

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nici, I am doing the summer learning journey too. I like your post card. I have enjoyed reading your blog, have a look at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hunter, It's Jade C here from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team. Well done for reading other people's blogs and commenting on them. Please give helpful feedback and I look forward to seeing more comments :) Keep up the awesome work.

      Jade C.

      Delete
  2. Hey Hunter,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team. Today in Auckland, we are having rain and low temperature. It's a little bit chilly so I am wearing long sleeve top. How's weather in Christchurch today?

    Well done for completing another set of activities for week 3!
    The meat and 3 veges rule may not fill everyone's stomachs. How about using the rule in a different way? You can have 2 chunks of meat and have 6 vegetables, I bet that would definitely fill you up! What do you think? I would have meat and vege for a dinner or two, but I wouldn't have it everyday.

    It's interesting how you mentioned Holly as one of the popular names! Holly was also a popular name back when I was in primary. It's also interesting to see Aliyah as a popular name because it was a very rare name until 2014.

    I really like your postcard. It's cute and colourful and has a lot of things related to New Zealand. Is that a bucket full of fijoas on the table? I love fijoa smoothie, I used to have them all the time!

    I loved reading your blog post, I hope to be back to read other posts :)

    Cheers,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.