Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 2

For Two more weeks I will be posting all about New Zealand.Today is the second day of week 2 for the summer learning Journey and the title for today is In The Beginning ( 1800-1870).  Here are all the links for today's Activity's Gold Rush ,The Lions Cage ,Southern Cross ,

Activity One: Popular Culture-The Silent Movie
I can not watch the trailers for the videos, so i don't know what it is like and I can't tell you what they are about but I can still do the rest of the activity.  

I would enjoy watching a silent movie because sometimes I like no noise and it would be a great movie when you want to sleep.



Activity Two: Art Deco
I rate it a  5/5 because It has a nice touch to it and it look very special.




Bonus Activity:Crossing The Tasman
S Scared 
O Overwhelmed  
U Unwell because of the flight
T Terrific because I just landed
H Happy
E Eased 
R Rattled 
N Nauseated 

C Cold
R Recovered
O Overcome
S Stoked
S Sick 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Nici,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey team. Awesome job on completing another set of activities! That is a shame that you could not access the trailers, was there something wrong with the links? Well done on still writing up a response on whether or not you would watch silent movies! Have you ever watched a silent film before?

    With your second activity, well done on rating the art deco painting! What were some things in particular that you liked about the painting? Colours, shapes? I really liked how it has realistics elements to it even though it was more of a animated painting!

    I was very impressed by your acrostic poem in the bonus activity. I thought that was fantastic that you used the words SOUTHERN CROSS which is the name of the plane that was in the event! I thought every sentence you wrote for each letter suited the activity perfectly; you really captured the feelings of the flight crew very well! Great work Nici! :)

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts and keep up the good work.

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.