Pages

Monday 1 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 3

For Four Weeks I will be posting on things about New Zealand. Today is the first day for the summer learning Journey and the title for today is In The Beginning ( 1800-1870).  Here are all the links for today's Activity's Stories:Families: A History , Pepeha

Activity One: Imagination that your in a family of of 9. would you like it or not and why?
I would not because me and my siblings I already have fight a lot and I only have 2.


Activity Two: Acknowledging Ancestry
Write a Pepeha about your self.
Ko ________________________ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko ________________________ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko ________________________ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko ________________________ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko ________________________ tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko ________________________ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko ___________My Home_____________ tōku marae My marae is…
Ko ______________Christchurch New Zealand __________ ahau I am from…
Ko___Yvette_____ rāua ko ______Daniel_____ōku mātua  My parents are … and …

Ko ____________Nici____________ tōku ingoa. My name is …

Bonus Activity: Fun Family Facts 
Write 2 fun facts about four most special people in your family and ask them what they like to do in the summer.
1 Dad:Swim and work 
2. Mum:Being with family and friends and likes to be in the warm weather 
3. Rocky/Brother:Playing and Drawing 
4. Tyson/ Brother: Playing at home and playing at the playground


`

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Nici,

    Happy new year and awesome work on your blog post!
    It's great to read facts about you and your family. I see you have two brothers in your post, so do I! They're quite similar to your siblings as one of my brothers loves drawing and playing games and the other brother loves to play outside! How funny is that?

    With your pepeha, I am quite curious with what your mountain would be? Since you're from Christchurch would that make your mountain Mount Cook/ Aoraki?

    Great job on the blog Nici, I look forward to hearing from you!

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.