Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5

For Two more weeks I will be posting all about New Zealand.Today is the Fifth day of week 2 for the summer learning Journey and the title for today is In The Beginning ( 1800-1870).  Here are all the links for today's Activity's Celebrating VE day , Food and Drinks

Activity One: VE Day
 for My party I would invite my family and friend's over to my house to have a BBQ and then we would all walk down to the park  and have a great time doing gymnastics and a lot of challenge.



Activity Two:Making a Fashion Statement
Image result for 10 year old dressing girls and boys
I would rather the 2017-2018 dressing because it seems like a lot more people would like it.

In 65 years from now i think all the girls would be wearing similar to us in the 2000s.




Bonus Activity:Sweet Tooth
My favourite pudding would be Ice cream Here is the recipe for a vanilla flavor

what you will need

Image result for vanilla ice cream300ml thick cream
300ml milk
1 vanilla bean, split
6 egg yolks
175g Chelsea Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

What to do

Place the cream and milk in a saucepan. Scrape in the vanilla seeds and add the bean, too. Bring to the boil, then turn off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes to infuse. Place the egg yolks, Chelsea Caster Sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until pale. Carefully pour the milk over, then return to a clean saucepan.

Cook over low heat, stirring, for about five minutes until it is slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon. (This simple custard forms the basis of a classic ice-cream recipe.)

Set aside to cool, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Place custard in a plastic container in the freezer until frozen at the edges. Remove from freezer. Beat with an electric beater. Re-freeze. Repeat this process two more times. (Alternatively, churn in an ice-cream machine according to the manufacturer's directions.)





1 comment:

  1. Hey Nici,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team. It's awesome to see that you have completed another set of activities! You are doing a great job :) Keep up the awesome work!

    Your VE day celebration sounds really fun! It'd be awesome to have a chill day with some barbecue and gymnastics in the park. How about reading books or playing games in the park or going to the beach? I would love to go to the beach but the weather here is awful at the moment to go anywhere :/

    Yes, I also prefer to wear the clothes we have today, however it's very widely known that fashion is always changing, and it's also rotating in a loop. The clothes from the olden days are coming back to trend, and the clothes that we thought were fashionable, are not anymore. I guess it's always good to be free from all the latest trends and wear the clothes you like the best.

    I absolutely love ice-cream. Ice-cream and gelatos are my favourite sweet treat as well. I like them because they are cold, sweet, and soft. I can eat them every single day (although I would get sick!). Thank you for sharing this recipe with me, I've never thought about making an ice-cream at home, but I would love to try it later when I have the time.

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.