Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 3

Ki Ora Everyone for the next few weeks I will be posting blog posts continuously for something that is called the Summer Learning Journey. Today I am doing Week 1 Day 3. I will always put the links under this blurb so that you can go to the sites I had.
Activity 1. Rugby Superstars
Jonah Lomu was a rugby superstar. He was the youngest ever All Black, selected at just 19 years of age. He went on to have an amazing career that included 63 caps (international games) and 37 tries. Jonah was Tongan, but spent most of his childhood in Mangere, South Auckland. He started out playing touch rugby and rugby league but changed over to rugby union and quickly made a name for himself. He was very tall, strong and fast. Richie McCaw is another example of a famous rugby player. He was the captain of the All Blacks between 2004 and 2015. Like Jonah Lomu, he had an outstanding international career in rugby union and had many achievements. In fact, he was the most capped All Black captain, most capped test rugby player and World Rugby Player of the Year in 2006, 2009, and 2010. He has been given a Halberg Award and made a member of the Order of New Zealand. As well as being an outstanding player, Richie McCaw was also a strong leader and captain. For many people, players like Jonah Lomu and Richie McCaw are superheroes with extra special ‘superpowers.’
1.Mind Reading
Reason: I would like this power because I know if someone is talking about me behind my back
Why: I choose this power because if I want to know if someone doesn't like me but can't tell me to my face I can find out by reading their mind
2.
Flying 
Reason: Because if I can't get away from someone that I don't want to be around because they might bully me or my friends I can just fly away
Why: Because it can help me get away from people I don't want to be around
3.Invisibility
Reason: Because if I don't want someone to see me I can make myself disappear
Why: Because if I didn't want to be around someone I could just make myself disappear
Activity 2.Defying the Odds
LeBron James is one of the most famous professional basketball players in the world. He currently plays in the NBA (National Basketball Association) for the Los Angeles Lakers. He has won numerous awards over the years, helping his teams win many important games. Steven Adams also plays in the NBA, but unlike LeBron, Steven comes from Rotorua, New Zealand and is the half-brother of Olympic gold medalist Valerie Adams. That’s a pretty cool family connection, isn’t it?! Steven Adams currently lives in the United States and plays for the Oklahoma City Thunder basketball teamDespite being born in different countries, these two incredible basketballers have a number of similarities. Both men came from humble beginnings. Neither of their families had a lot of money, and neither man grew up with a father at home. Even though they faced challenges, they were able to overcome them. Both men are examples of what is possible when you work hard and believe in yourself.

LeBron James 
  1. Why did you start playing basketball? 
  2. If you could describe this year of basketball what would it be?
  3. How did you think you did this year?
  4. Did you love this season?
  5. Did this year make you learn anything new?

Bouns Activity. Achieving our Dreams
The Silver Ferns are New Zealand’s professional netball team. They are based in Auckland and play against teams from all over the world. Next year they are due to compete in the first-ever Netball Nations cup competition in England.
In order to earn a place on the team, each of the players had to prove that they were one of the best netball players in the country. They have all had to work very hard, sacrifice many things, and show dedication and determination throughout their careers. In many cases, they have also had a lot of support from others - their family, friends, teachers, coaches. This support has allowed them to pursue their dreams and, ultimately, do a job that they love.
I choose my Brother Tyson
He wants to be the Police 
(found and made by me)



1 comment:

  1. Gabe
    Hi Nici,

    Wonderful work again! You are a very hard worker. :) Interesting choices for your superpowers, they are very pragmatic. (If you don't know pragmatic means dealing with things sensibly and realistically.) I hope that you wouldn't need to use those superpowers too much. If you are having troubles with some people around you it might be best to talk to your parents. :)

    The police sound interesting! Would you like to join the police when you are older too? If not, what kind of job would you enjoy doing?

    One thing you could add to your posts in order to make them stand out a little more is pictures! You could say attach a few photos of the police into your post so that us readers could see what they look like. Again, just something to consider for next awesome post. :)


    Keep going with your fabulous blogs!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.