Pages

Saturday 11 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 5

Ki Ora Everyone for the next few weeks I will be posting blog posts continuously for something that is called the Summer Learning Journey. Today I am doing Week 4 Day 5. I will always put the links under this blurb so that you can go to the sites I had. Sadly today is the last day so I will have to wait until this year one.
Links:The Palace Dance StudioMisty Copeland“see dreams through me”link,

Activity  1.The World of Hip Hop
Parris Goebel has taken over the world of dance! You might already have heard of her as she is pretty famous in New Zealand and around the world.
Parris was born in Manurewa, South Auckland, and she is of Samoan/Chinese/Scottish descent. Parris loved dancing when she was very little and she began hip-hop lessons when she was 10. By the age of 15, she was so good that she started her own all-girl dance crew called ReQuest, and they went on to win several first places at the World Hip-Hop Championships. Parris later started The Palace Dance Studio in Auckland and formed five more dance crews that won competitions worldwide. She has also worked as a choreographer for famous musicians like Justin Beiber, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, and Janet Jackson. In 2019, Parris and her new dance crew, The Royal Family, won the World Hip Hop Dance Championship.
I can not watch this video sadly because it is restricted from me seeing this video but I have seen other videos from my mums phone and I don't really understand the dances they do but they are kinda cool I don't think they should change anything because they do everything, as well as they, can and that's what you should do. 
Activity 2. En Pointe
Most successful ballerinas start learning ballet when they are very young - 3 or 4 years old. World-famous ballerina, Misty Copeland, wasn’t like most other girls. Instead of starting at age 3, she started ballet lessons at age 13! By 14, Misty had won a national competition for ballet dancers. She continued to work very hard and, in 2015, she became the first African American principal (lead) dancer of the American Ballet Theatre - this is amazing because there were, and still are, very few African American ballet dancers in the country. When interviewed, Misty has said that she would like people to be able to “see dreams through me”. This is an example of an inspirational quote. Please click on this link to read more inspirational quotes.

Why fit in when your born to stand out Dr. Seuss

I chose This because my dad and mum tell me this alot and I never knew where they got it for but now I know.

Bouns Activity.Concluding the Journey
Sadly, the Summer Learning Journey has now come to an end. It is time to reflect on everything that you have learned this summer about people who have had an impact, or changed the world, in some way.

  1. Which activity you enjoyed the most (I enjoyed the end of the week activity because I learnt a lot more about famous people)
  2. Which activity you enjoyed the least( I liked all the activities I don't Have a lest liked)
  3. Three things that you learned while completing the programme( 1. That you can learn something new every day 2. you can teach other people about your hobbies 3. you can have fun while learning)
  4. What changes/improvements you would make to the programme for next year( I wouldn't change anything because I enjoy it just the way it is)

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nici,

    Congratulation on completing this year Summer Learning Journey. I hope you are incredibly proud of yourself and all of the hard work you have put in as everyone here on the SLJ team certainly are! Don't forget to use the twitterfeed to comment on other students SLJ blog posts to gain extra points. Here is the link to the twitterfeed:
    https://sites.google.com/a/manaiakalani.org/connected-learners-share/sljtwitterfeeds

    I am really happy to hear that enjoyed all of the activities and had no least favourites. I can see why you liked the "choose your own activities" as it gave you a chance to research more about individuals you may have already been interest in.
    Would you do the SLJ next year if you got the chance?

    Congratulations again Nici for your amazing work!

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nici!

    Congratulations on finishing the entire Summer Learning Journey programme! You've done so well to get through all of the activities two whole weeks before the programme concludes! I'm so impressed by the amount of time and effort you've put into your posts. You should be very proud of yourself. I sure am. :)

    Thank you for sharing what you liked about and learnt from the programme. I love hearing your feedback. What was the most interesting thing you learnt from the Day 5 activities?

    Congratulations again Nici and remember, for every quality comment you leave on other peoples' Summer Learning Journey posts you'll earn an extra two points! :)

    Enjoy the rest of your summer holidays and I hope to see comments from you across the other schools and clusters soon. :)

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nici!

    It is wonderful to see that you have finished the Summer Learning Journey for this year! I hope you have enjoyed it as much as we did.

    I love how you have written that you enjoy teaching others about your hobbies, this is a great way to inspire the people around us to broaden their horizons! Great work!

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer holidays :)

    Bye bye,

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mōrena Nici,

    Mikey here again. I just wanted to pop back in and acknowledge the other two activities you shared in this post - you've put so much effort into the programme that I didn't want you to think we hadn't seen those two. :)

    I really like how you found away around the problem of not being able to view the video we shared on our website - great problem solving! :) The Royal Family do have some very cool dance routines, don't they? Did you like they music they danced too as well?

    What a great quote! I really like how you've chosen one that has relevance to your own life. Your parents sound like very wise people. :) Do they have any other inspirational quotes that they share with you?

    Have a wonderful day, Nici. I hope to hear from you soon.

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.