Pages

Saturday 11 January 2020

S ummer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 3

Ki Ora Everyone for the next few weeks I will be posting blog posts continuously for something that is called the Summer Learning Journey. Today I am doing Week 4 Day 3. I will always put the links under this blurb so that you can go to the sites I had.
Links:Oprah WinfreyThe Oprah Winfrey Leadership School for GirlsLupita Nyong’oYale UniversitySulwe,Julian DennisonHunt for the WilderpeopleLynx40 Hour Famine Ambassador,this video.

Activity 1.Talk Show Host
Oprah Winfrey is a bit of a television legend! She is best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show which ran for 25 years. Some people have said that she is one of the most influential women in the world. She is certainly very successful and has spent a lot of time helping others. Like so many others, Oprah had to work very hard for her success. She had to overcome challenges and she experienced many struggles during her life, however, she persisted and eventually became a radio presenter, TV news presenter, and daytime talk show host. She now owns her own production company (HARPO), and television station (OWN). She also produces a magazine called ‘O.’ Oprah is passionate about education. She believes in the power of learning and has even started her own school in South Africa called The Oprah Winfrey Leadership School for Girls. She is keen to provide young people with opportunities to follow their passions.


When I finish High school I will be going to college because I want to be a doctor when I am older. Once I finish Collage I will go into working but also keep studying. I hope to work at KFC or something like that. Then once I completely finish my studding I will go and try get a job as a doctor.  


Activity 2.Plot Points
Lupita Nyong’o is a Mexican-Kenyan actress. She spent most of her childhood living in Kenya, Africa with her family. She is one of six children.When she graduated from high school, she decided to move to the United States of America to follow her dreams of becoming an actress. She was cast in her first American film, East River, in 2008. She went on to write, produce and star in a number of films, including Black Panther and 12 Days a Slave, for which she won the 2013 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress (otherwise known as an ‘Oscar’). Not only did Lupita win the Oscar but she was the first ever Kenyan and/or Mexican woman to win the award. Amazing ‘eh?!Over the past few years Lupita has continued to act, she has earned a masters degree from Yale University and has written a children’s book called Sulwe. She has also written and produced her own movies.
My movie title: The Villians
Charters: Evil Queen, Maleficent Cruella DeVille, Thanos, Sandman
Cast: Kathy Najimy, Kristin Chenoweth, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Josh Brolin, Thomas Haden Church
What It's about: They Tell you their storys about what they did as a  child and why they became a villian


Bouns Actvity:Feast or Famine
Julian Dennison is a very funny guy! He is from Lower Hutt, near Wellington. He is only 17 years old but he has already starred in a number of movies and TV commercials. You may have seen him on Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Deadpool, or in the Lynx ads.Julian is not only a funny actor. He recently joined up with World Vision to be a 40 Hour Famine Ambassador. He travelled with World Vision to Uganda to meet some of the refugees from South Sudan who are living there. Check out this video.

I would do the 40 hour Famine because you can raise money for the fires In Australia. I would also do it so that we can send food to all the people that need it if they are affected by the fires. If I would do It I would go 40 hours with out devices because I am always on my devices and it is one off my main things I need to stop. I would raise money for the fires because I have family their and I want them to stay safe. I think I would enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nici!

    Congratulations on completing another days worth of activities! :)

    Wow, what an admirable career choice. I have quite a few friends who are doctors and they absolutely love it. It's a lot of hard work and long hours but it sounds like it's a very rewarding job. Do you know what kind of doctor you'd like to be?

    Great movie idea! I'd definitely be keen to watch that. I'd love to hear a bit more about it - do you have any ideas on what their childhood stories might be?

    Keep up the great blogging, Nici! I look forward to reading more of your posts very soon. :)

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nici!

    I've just noticed that I didn't acknowledge the third activity in this post - I'm so sorry; I don't know how I missed it!

    I think giving up devices for the 40 Hour Famine is a great idea. I'm guilty of spending more time than I should on my phone so I'd be keen to do that as well. I remember doing the 40 Hour Famine when I was at school. We weren't given the option of choosing what to give up back then; we all gave up eating all foods except barley sugars. It was pretty hard, especially when my family was still cooking and eating regular meals. It did feel good to be able to raise money for such a good cause though.

    What other things do you think you'd be able to give up?

    Have a great afternoon, Nici. I hope to hear from you soon. :)

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.