Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 2

Ki Ora Everyone for the next few weeks I will be posting blog posts continuously for something that is called the Summer Learning Journey. Today I am doing Week 4 Day 2. I will always put the links under this blurb so that you can go to the sites I had.
Links: Getting StrongerNew Zealand Singles ChartBTSSouth KoreaJessica MauboyDame Kiri Te Kanawa,


Activity 1. Getting Stronger
Aaradhna is a Samoan-Indian singer from New Zealand. As a girl, Aaradhna sang traditional Samoan and country songs with her family, eventually joining the senior choir at her high school (Porirua College). She gained international recognition in 2004 when she paired up with Adeaze to release the song, “Getting Stronger.” The song went to number one on the New Zealand Singles Chart and it is still one of my all-time favorites, to this day! Speaking of favorite songs, we would love to know who you listen to and what songs you like the most.

singers/Artists
1.Eminem 
2.Billie Elish 
3.Taylor Swift 
4.Miley Cyrus  
5.Niall Horan 

Songs
1. Till I collapse  Eminem 
2. When the partys over  Billie Elish 
3. Look what you made me do Taylor Swift 
4. Jolene Miley Cyrus 
5. Nice to meet ya Niall Horan 

Activity 2.K-pop heroes
BTS, or Bangtan Boys, is a seven member boy band from South Korea. They have sold over 15 million albums in South Korea, which make them the best selling artists in South Korea of all time. They have topped the music charts in the United States of America and around the world.They began singing hip hop but now sing mostly K-Pop (Korean Pop). Most of their songs are sung in Korean - their first language.BTS is famous for making great music videos and for singing about topics that many people can relate to - love, self-confidence, etc. They have a huge and very loyal fan base. Their fans are called the BTS A.R.M.Y.

I like how they make songs that can make you feel positive about your self. 


Bouns Activity.Girl Power
Jessica Mauboy is an Aboriginal Australian singer. She rose to fame when she was runner-up in the 2006 Australian Idol, and has gone on to record a number of very successful songs. She is a role model for both girls, and indigenous Australians as she has been so successful in her music and acting career.
Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is an opera singer from Aotearoa/New Zealand. She became one of the best sopranos (a female singer with a high voice) in the world. Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is Māori, however she was adopted when she was a baby and very little is known about her birth family.
For young singers, both of these women can serve as role models - people who have faced challenges and overcome them in order to achieve their dreams of becoming professional singers.

My role Model Billie Elish & my Parents

Billie is a singer that is not afraid to show her emotions. She posts music videos of her songs and she basically helps people know who they really are.
My Mum is a wonderful person that stays at home to look after me and my brothers while my dad is at work.

My Dad Is an owner of a company but he is the only one who drives all by him self to get our family money so we can buy food.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nici,

    Congratulations on completing another days worth of activities! I really like hoe to put all three tasks in the one post - it makes it very easy to read and understand which activities you're talking about.

    That's quite the list, Nici. I like how there's a nice variety of artists and songs there. Have you seen any of these artists live in concert?

    I hadn't heard of BTS before reading this Summer Learning Journey activity. Had you? Their songs are very catchy. They'd be great to dance to. Do you have a favourite band member?

    What lovely things to say about your parents. I'm sure they'd be very appreciative of your kind words. How many brothers do you have? Are you the oldest sibling?

    Have a wonderful afternoon, Nici. :)

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mikey

      Sadly I have not seen any of the artists live. But I really want to.

      I had heard about BTS I havn't got a favorite band member.

      My mum and dad loved what I said and I have three brothers and I am the second oldest.

      Have a wonderful day Mikey

      Kind regards
      Nici

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.