Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1

Ki Ora Everyone for the next few weeks I will be posting blog posts continuously for something that is called the Summer Learning Journey. Today I am doing Week 4 Day 1. I will always put the links under this blurb so that you can go to the sites I had.
Links: J. K. ROWLINGHARRY POTTER SERIES OF BOOKSBILLIONAIREJ. K. RowlingOprah WinfreyWilliam ShakespeareAnne FrankAnne 

Activity 1.Rags to Riches

J. K. Rowling is one of the most well-known authors in the world. She wrote the Harry Potter series of books. Over 500 million copies of her books have been sold, making J. K. Rowling the world’s first billionaire author.

While she was writing the first Harry Potter book, she was a single mum with very little money. She used to write while her daughter Jessica was asleep. She used her initials ‘J.K.’ instead of her name (Joanne) because her publisher thought that boys might not want to read a book written by a woman.
J. K. Rowling has done many interviews that have revealed things about her as a writer and as a person. One of these interviews was conducted by a very famous television personality, Oprah Winfrey (you can find more about her on Day 3, Activity 1!).

As well as books needing to be engaging and interesting for the reader, it is important that they are engaging and interesting on the cover too. We sometimes say “Don’t judge a book by its cover” but we often choose books (if we don’t know much about them) when they have an attractive cover!






Activity 2Romeo and Juliet 
William Shakespeare (1564-1616) was an author, poet, and playwright. He is best known for the plays that he wrote while living in England in the 16th Century. Although they were written a long time ago, they are still popular because they talk about things that are familiar to us - love, revenge, confusion, betrayal, jealousy, hurt, etc. You might have heard of some of his plays: Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, King Lear. Many of them have also been made into movies. Shakespeare wrote his plays in English, however, it is not the same version of English that we have now. In fact, many of the words that we use today, in 2019, weren’t used back in 1600 (and vice versa).

English 
This morning I woke and sat watching tv for a little bit then I got up and made me and two of my friends breakfast we all had cereal. Then I went and had a shower. When I got out of the shower the two girls were on the computer so I started to do the summer learning journey and listen to music.

Traslation
This m'rning i did wake and satteth watching tv f'r a dram did bite then i did get up and madeth me and two of mine own cater-cousins breakfast we all hadst c'real.  Then i wenteth and hadst a showeth'r.  At which hour i did get out of the showeth'r the two girls w're on the comput'r so i did start to doth the summ'r learning journey and hark to music


Bouns Activity.The Diary of Anne Frank
Anne Frank was a very brave girl. She was born and raised in a Jewish family in Germany in the 1930s. When World War II started, Anne and her family were forced to hide because the German politicians (Nazis) did not like Jewish people. She and her family hid out in a secret room in their house for two full years. During this time, Anne wrote in a diary. When the war ended, Anne’s dad found the diary and made it into a book. He called it The Diary of Anne Frank or The Diary of a Young Girl.I know lots of people who keep a diary. Often they will record what they did during the day or recount stories about special events that have taken place.

Dear Diary
Today is Wednesday the 25th December 2019 and it is Christmas day
as I walked out to the lounge to sit with my brothers and wait for mum and dad I saw an electric scooter that had my name on it I was really excited because I have always wanted one.
Mood: Very happy 





3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Nici! And Happy New Year! :)

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and you're enjoying your summer holidays. It's awesome to see that you've been making time to complete some of the Summer Learning Journey activities - well done! :)

    I really like the colours of your book cover, Nici. They really make it stand out - that'd definitely catch my eye if I saw it on a bookshelf. What is it that you like about the book Matilda ? What's your favourite part of the story?

    Imagine if we had to talk and write in Shakespearean! I'm not sure that I would be able to do that all the time - it's tricky enough to read! Do you think you'd be able to talk like that?

    Wow! What a cool Christmas present! Have you been using it lots over the last couple of weeks? If I got given an electric scooter I'd be zooming around on it every day! :)

    Have a great day, Nici. I look forward to reading more posts from you soon.

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikey You to :)
      Me and my family had a great christmas I hope yours did as well.
      Thank you so much I tried to base it from the orignal book cover. I really like how it relates to me I am one of those kids that arn't well known but still is really smart. It would be really hard talking like shakespearean I wouldn't be able to do it myself. Yea I normaly am on my scooter all the time but I Popped the wheel on it resonantly it really sad because I had a lot of fun on it.

      You as well

      Have a Good Rest of you holidays

      Nici

      Delete
  2. Hello again Nici!
    It's me Nadia, here again to comment on another one of your epic blog posts for 2020!
    Your book cover is very eye-catching, you seem to have a very good eye for choosing colours that work together and not colours that clash. I like how you used similar colours to the colours used in the original book cover. I used to love reading Matilda, my favourite character was Ms Trunchbull, who is your favourite character?

    Just make sure that next time you include a hyperlink to where you got your images from to ensure you do not get any accusations of plagiarizing or (stealing) their photos.

    Great job on this post, keep up the great work
    I hope to see a reply or two from you- remember, each time you reply, you get more points
    Until next time
    - Nadia :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.