Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

What are scissors

Today and yesterday we had to make a poem about how scissors work. first we

had to plan and then do a quick write so we could get it done then we got told

to post it on our blog.

I hope you enjoy


When I Use The Scissors I see the top of the scissors move so they can cut the paper the way
I want it to cut.


I hear the sound of paper or cardboard cutting in half as I cut along.


I can Smell the air as I cut along the paper.


I can Feel the handles as they move while I move my fingers and thumb.


I can taste my breath because I am focusing very hard so i can get the line straight.


I am thinking I know I can make this line straight, I can do this.

In scissors There are…
  • 2 handle grips
  • 2 Blades to cut the object that you are cutting.
  • 1 bolt to hold everything together



When You use scissors you put your four fingers in the gap for the first handle to move the first blade.
Stick your thumb in the other gap in the handle to move the second blade.

When I hold scissors i have my four fingers in the bigger hold in a handle and my thumb in the circle
in the other handle that my fingers aren't in.


If you are ever walking with scissors you must hold the blades so if you fall they don’t stab your eye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.