Pages

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Antarctica Description

In Literacy I am learning about Antarctica. I went to the Antarctic Centre for a trip. In Literacy I researched all about Antarctica. I wrote a description about Antarctica. I used the correct structure of a description. It has an Introduction, Characteristics and an Evaluation I used a hook. 
Antarctica
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Freezing, shivering . Antarctica is 1 of the 7 continents and Antarctica is classed as a desert because it never rains.


Antarctica is 25% bigger than Europe. In and Antarctica there is a active volcano, the volcano is called Mount Erebus. The pitcher of Antarctica looks like a bit like a lion with a horn. Well known animals live in Antarctica like penguins, seals orcas other wise known as a killer whale and other type of whales. Antarctica has 90% of the Earth's fresh water. Antarctica  has all ice and snow but under all of the ice and snow there is a land. In winter at Antarctica it is 24 hours dark but in summer it is 24 hours light. Antarctica is surrounded by the southern ocean.

I would love to see someone in all those clothes it must be bolling.

By Nici
For the last week we have been learning about Antarctica. This is my description about Antarctica.-Nici

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nici,
    I love your description about Antarctica. I never thought about Antarctica being a desert! That was a new thing I learned.

    Thanks,
    Ariana, Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.